San Marcos Panthers Volleyball (SMPV) is a Christian organization of homeschool families in the central Texas area that offers competitive volleyball to middle through high school students. Our primary purpose is to first develop Godly character, and then volleyball skills. We desire that everything we do honors God and is above reproach.
SMPV is a parent operated and funded, not for profit organization. It is governed and operated by its Board of Directors (BoD). The current BoD appoints new members to the board each season, as needed. In order to be in a leadership role in SMPV, the applicant must be an active Christian and is expected to live a life that honors God in accordance to the Bible. The applicant must agree with and sign our Statement of Faith. These leadership roles include: all BoD, Athletic Director (AD), coaches, assistant coaches, team captains, and team parents.
Participant Membership is offered to homeschool families and their student athletes. In order to be a participant member, an applicant is not required to be a Christian, but must respect our beliefs and participate in all SMPV activities. As an organization, we include prayer and Scripture in all practices, games, and tournaments. Every player must actively participate in these activities.
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23-24 ESV
We are dedicated to developing Godly young women through volleyball.
1. Commit - I will work give my best in all I do
2. Honor - I will obey right away, all the way, with a happy heart
3. Identify - I am confident in Christ
4. Prioritize - I will keep first things first
5. Serve - I will put other before myself
Statement of Faith: (Must be signed and adhered to by all leaders in the organization)
1. We believe there is only one living and true God.
2. We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible and inerrant Word of God. It is the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man and the final authority for all Christian faith and life.
3. We believe Jesus is the Son of God, who is both fully God and fully man. By His perfect sacrifice of Himself on the cross and bodily resurrection, He has fully paid the penalty for man’s sin.
4. We believe salvation is offered as a free gift to all sinners that must be chosen by the individual and cannot be earned by personal good works.
5. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ that all believers are members of His body, the Church.